My interest in what everyone else is doing has faded into previous immaturities that were more concerned with other peoples lives. I’d rather have people know me for who I am, and if it rubs anyone the wrong way, that’s on them. I no longer want to carry the burden of other peoples prejudice or attitudes.

Just because you aren’t on the Forbes ‘Top 100’ list, or bagging millions of followers online, doesn’t mean that you aren’t important, or making a notable contribution to society. None of that defines your worth as a person. Yet, celebrity culture and the pursuit of frivolous recognition for “Fifteen Minutes of Fame” is a driving force for many people.

We’re force-feeding a culture of always wanting more. And where does that stop?

We aren’t all supposed to be at the same exact point in our lives. Life presents challenges for everyone; they’re all just different and handled in a variety of ways. And life isn’t supposed to be easy, or else we’d all live in a utopia. But that is not the case.

So my advice is this: Work hard. Play harder. Enjoy all the moments in-between. Experience all life has to offer. Don’t dwell on images or ideas of what you should wear, or eat, or say, or be. If you feel strongly about an issue or cause, don’t just press the like button. Say something. Donate. Advocate for the cause and actually spend your time supporting it.

All you can do is be yourself and hope that you’re living a happy and authentic life. Everything else is irrelevant.